Friday, December 14, 2012

Holiday Movie Review

How the Grinch Stole Christmas! 

Cast: Jim Carrey, Taylor Momsen, and Jeffrey Tambor 
Director: Ron Howard
Producer: Universal Pictures
Genre: Comedy, Family, Fantasy
Writers: Dr. Seuss and Jeffrey Price
Year Released: 2000
Running time: 104 minutes
Language: English
Rating: PG
IMD Rating: 5.8/10

Synopsis: On a snowflake lived a happy, cheerful town named WhoVille. Everyone loved Christmas, there was never a Who that didn't love that special time of year. Except one Who or maybe not so much of a Who, but know one quite knows what he actually is. The Grinch is the one person that doesn't like Christmas! He got so tired of Christmas one year that he tried to stop it from coming! While he plots and schemes to end the holiday, he ends up meeting one of the sweetest Who's of them all, Cindy Lou Who. They come together at some parts, but the Grinch still has his Grinchy ways. In the end, he realizes he's done wrong and what the real meaning of Christmas is.

My Opinion: I've loved this movie since I was a kid. My mom has read me the actual book since I was born, even now on Christmas Eve she'll read me the story as I recite every word. I loved the animated version of the movie, but the Jim Carrey version just has so many extra laughs that I always enjoy when the movie comes on during ABC's 25 days of Christmas movies. This movie will always be one of my favorites.


Would I recommend it? 
 Yes I would! I don't have a doubt in my mind that anyone wouldn't laugh during this film. It's probably one of the best Christmas movies out there. It's great for all ages, not just little kids. 

My Rating: 10!



No comments:

Post a Comment