Thursday, November 15, 2012

Horror/Suspense Movie Review

Saw
Cast: Cary Elwes, Leigh Whannell, and Danny Glover
Director: James Wan
Producer: Evolution Entertainment 
Genre: Horror
Writers: Leigh Whannell and James Wan
Year Released: 2004
Running Time: 103 minutes
Language: English
Rating: NC-17
IMD Rating: 7.7/10

Synopsis: Two men wake up in a dark room after being kidnapped with the horrifying conclusion that they're most likely going to die. While they struggle to figure out how they got there, a man behind closed doors watches and records their every move. Having to fit the pieces to this mans crazy puzzle, they go through continuous pain and mentally challenging problems. 

My Opinion: When I first watched this film I was absolutely terrified. The deep tones played and the suspenseful music would curl my skin. It's always hard for me to get into horror films, but for some reason this film I was able to sit through it and actually enjoy it while being scared to death. There are sad parts to this film. I honestly believe this film captures most of the human emotions. I enjoyed the film so much, i've seen all the rest of the film in the Saw movie series. 

Would I Recommend It? 
If you're into mind wrenching, twisted plot horror films then i'd definitely recommend it! I believe this film actually has a good story behind all the evil puzzles of the mastermind of pain. People who think they can actually sit through this movie and not run out of the room crying of fear should watch it, you'll become addicted to the series. 

My Rating: 8.0 




No comments:

Post a Comment